Vertical blinds are a great addition to any home, but they can be tricky to clean Here are some tips on how to clean your vertical blinds so they look their best:
- Vacuum the blinds first to remove any dust or dirt.
- Use a microfiber cloth or duster to gently wipe down the blades of the blinds.
- Dip a clean cloth into a mixture of mild soap and water and use it to wipe down each blade of the blinds.
- Rinse the blades with clean water and dry them with a towel.
- If there are any stubborn stains, you can use a toothbrush dipped in soapy water to scrub them away.
- Once the blades are clean, vacuum the tracks of the blinds to remove any dust or dirt.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down the tracks and remove any build-up.
- Dry the tracks with a towel before putting the blinds back in place.
A Step by Step Guide to Cleaning Vertical Blinds:
- Start by dusting your blinds with a soft cloth or brush. This will help remove any surface dirt or debris.
- Next, you’ll need to clean the slats themselves. The best way to do this is to use a microfiber cloth and a mild cleaning solution. Simply dampen the cloth and run it along each slat.
- Once you’ve cleaned the slats, you can move on to the tracks. Again, use a microfiber cloth and a mild cleaning solution. Wipe down the tracks until they’re free of dirt and grime.
- Finally, you’ll need to clean the valance (the horizontal bar at the top of the blinds). The best way to do this is to use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment. Gently run the brush over the valance to remove any dust or debris.
Alternative ways of cleaning vertical blinds:
- Use an electrostatic dusting cloth
- Use a dryer sheet
- Use a lint roller
- Use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment
- Use a microfiber cloth and a mild cleaning solution.
- If your blinds are extremely dirty, you may need to soak them in a tub of warm water and mild detergent.
- Be sure to rinse the blinds thoroughly after soaking to remove any soap residue.
- Never use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning products on your blinds, as this could damage them.
- If your blinds have been damaged by fire, smoke, or water, it’s best to call a professional for cleaning.
That’s it! Now you know how to clean vertical blinds. Just follow these simple steps and your blinds will look good as new.